Monday, January 21, 2008

Progress Report

The last week or so I have been concentrating on Convent's Herbal Garden(Chatelaine), and here is my progress.




I have finished the central motif minus the over one in the very centre. The colours are lovely, I have really enjoyed working with the Caron Waterlillies. Also since my last post I have put a few stitches into Bent Creek's "Brownbird Sampler" and also some lengths of thread into "Blackstone Fantasy Garden"( Ink Circles).

I have also acquired some stash, as a result of visiting Janine(Colours Downunder) last Friday. I needed to call in and pick up the required Waterlillies to finish the CHG section, and managed to see some of her new stock. I bought these four charts

They are from Victoria Sampler. I first saw the Bunny, but of course as there was a set, I had to get them all, and now I can't make up my mind which is my favourite.I also had to buy some of the WDW's and GAST's that are needed for them. It is so much fun looking through the rings of colours. I also have plans for some of the lovely opalescent fabric Janine has just got in. I know I have a smallish chart somewhere that I want to use opalescent for, and if I find it is o.k to stitch on, I will get some for TW's "Companions".

I did also enjoy catching up with Janine, and also Marilyn briefly(and her extremely cute granddaughter Patience). We hadn't seen each other since our GTG before Christmas. We will hopefully have another W.A. GTG in February. Janine is very busy with her ever expanding business. I saw some of the photos from her 50th birthday last September, and also laid eyes on the new gorgeous kitty, but Harry the Somali remains my favourite, which is quite a feat for him as I really am not into cats. But I would take him home.

I haven't seen any "must have" charts recently, although I do like the new L & L "Isabella's Garden". Blackbird Design's new Loose Feather is a bit hard to see in the online photo, so I will reserve my judgement on that one. I have seen the thread pack from Carrie's Threads for Ink Circles "Garden Stars". I bought that chart with the intention of using the motifs individually, but now I have seen the selection of threads in the pack, I think it would be gorgeous. The colours for BFG are also Carrie's Threads and they are lovely. Needless to say, Janine is going to get them in for me, and that will be yet ANOTHER large project on my top do list.

Now that Janine has helped me work out which colour goes where on the next part of CHG(she has a colour chart) I will probably continue with that. But I also feel a hankering to start one of my Blackbird Designs. I have " Live Each Season","Their Song" and "Wake the Dawning Day" to choose from. I have fabric picked out for two of them.

Thankyou for the lovely comments on my first blog entry. It took me a few days to realise that there were comments. I'm so new at this, and I still curse and swear during the whole process because I can't get the colour or font right, and I still can't put pics where I want them without help. I like to see progress pics though, so I guess I will persist.

Enjoy the rest of January. Happy stitching!

Susan.




2 comments:

Janine said...

Oh Susan you write so beautifully. Have you ever thought of being a writer. Your blog is so interesting. Thank you so much for mentioning my shop.

Anonymous said...

Susan it is so nice to follow your journey with the Convent's Garden - it is looking so pretty!