Yesterday I went to a wonderful stitching GTG at Janine's and caught up with Diane, Marilyn and Cathy also. The girls told me I must get back to my blogging.So I did. The previous post was written in July, but I didn't know how to get the pics on screen so I didn't publish it. It was finally sorted today, even though it is dated 21st July!
Now I want to add some more recent info.
I'm sure you will all salivate when you see this photo, taken at Janine's yesterday
Yes, this is a brand spanking new DMC display chest, full of skeins. Isn't it gorgeous? It is yet to be moved into the Colours Downunder room. We thought it looked good as a decoration in the sitting room.( N.B. also the plate of Tim Tams- a requirement for GTG's.)
Anyway, it was lovely catching up with the ladies. Diane brought along her latest Mirabilia RR, which is back home and finished apart from beading. Really beautiful. All ladies heads- I think ten of them. Some of them have never taken my fancy before. A number of us agree this is a good way to stitch Mirabilia's. I don't really want a dozen enormous Mira's on the walls, but a well designed group of 'heads' or torsos, or even long rectangular"snapshots" is a lot more do-able.
As usual Marilyn, Janine and Cathy had some lovely Wip's and finishes to show off. I have no new finishes since that last post in July although I have made some progress on a variety of big and small projects. I have made one new start- Shepherd's Bush "Bee Garden"(thankyou Janine!)which is delightful to stitch. I am trying to get through some tricky over one bits, and then I will post a pic.
I was very subdued with my spending yesterday. I picked up the Cat's Whiskers new Kitty- Halloween Kitty, to make a fob, and one skein of Dinky Dyes. That's all- amazing! I did fondle a lot of silk though.
My oldest DD has been visiting from Melbourne, and as her brother is now in her old room, she stayed in the stitching room. As a result I didn't do any stitching really while she was here(2 weeks). I'm looking forward to some serious stitching time this week, maybe on one of my TW's, which I have been craving recently.
Thanks girls for prodding me into blogdom again.
Till next blog,
Susan.
4 comments:
Thanks for bringing your Blackbirds Their Song for another look see. It is such a gorgeous piece of stitching. And thanks for your company. BTW I started the big zipper last night so I can pass it onto you.
Oh my god!! I want that cabinet. LOL about the Tim Tams too. I have about 6 packets sitting here with me...I'm taking them to the US. They're calling my name!
Thank you for posting again Susan, I like hearing about what you have been up to and your finishes were totally wonderful.
Please keep posting, love reading about other Aussies and their stitching obsessions.
Post a Comment