Monday, November 10, 2008

Old WIP No. 2


Well this is another old WIP, TW's 'The Castle'.
I started this one on 3rd May, 2002, so it is over 6 years old. My son chose this piece, and he was 15 at the time. He is 21 now, but unlike his sister, he still likes The Castle, so he will have it when it is done. This was my first TW. I did stitch "Stretch" first to see if I could manage her style, and found I enjoyed it, challenging as it is, and particularly enjoy the amazing use of colour. Like most of my WIP's, it is close to being finished.
I am only sorry that I started this one before I knew hand dyed fabrics existed, because I would have loved to do this on a 'stormy sky' kind of background. I can't see myself stitching it a second time though, so this is how it will be! I will have to try and employ some clever framing instead.
Anyway- OLD WIP NO. 2- out of the closet!
Susan.

No comments: