Saturday, July 25, 2009

What happened to 2009?

It is a little, no a lot, embarrassing to find I have not blogged in so long.

I have tried, but Blogger would not recognise my password and messed me about so much I gave up. Today I did battle with them again, and have persisted.

I have been stitching. A little every week. Not nearly at the rate I used to stitch before I started work. That figures. I am more frustrated at the amount of pieces I would like to finish or start, and the inability to make any headway. I keep a written stitching journal, and that has not been added to in months either, which is a first for 9 years or so.
So, I'm still a committed stitcher, not in a slump, but not getting anything done. Grrrrr. Hmmpphhh!

I love keeping up with everyone else's blogs, and seeing the beautiful work.

I have worked on Mourning Doves(Crossed Wing),Needle in a Garden(JN),The Castle(TW)(significant progress!!!yay!),and in May I finished "Spot of Autumn(Drawn Thread), yet to be made up into a little pillow, but I have the backing fabric.

Also I have completely reorganised my stitching cupboard, now all my wips and finishes are hanging on skirt hangers, and ALL my DMC is bobbinned and boxed,my beads are re stored into watchmaker cases and labelled, and a set of 'current projects' are all kitted up and ready to go, should I choose to work on them.
I have finally recovered from the slipped disc that did slow down my stitching earlier in the year(I couldn't sit!).That was 4 months of pain and constant physio appts. I have also had a couple of juicy colds such as happen when you work with little dribbly children. But I am looking forward to a spectacular last4 months of the year, stitching wise.

I will try and finish Petal Fairy for DD's birthday at the end of August. And I plan to frame a couple of finished pieces ASAP.

Here are some pics from the last GTG at Janine's in April, of me, Janine, Cathy and Diane with our stitching.And of course a pic of Diane's Medieval Town Mandala which I believe is now complete.

'Til next time, thanks for looking and happy stitching.

Susan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see a post from you Susan! I've been missing you ladies. Think it's time for a get-together soon!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you Susan. Don't forget, I'll be over there first weekend in Oct so want to have a GTG then, OK?

Anonymous said...

Yay! You guys have all updated your blogs :-) Would love to have a GTG -- and another one in Oct when you're here Alison.

Diane

Janine said...

Great to see you have updated your blog Susan. Alison is staying with me so we will do a GTG then and it will be a perfect time as I will have all my weddings out of the way and the craft fair will be over and I should be over it all by then as well.