Well here we are in 2010, and I must post before March comes or I'll feel REALLY ashamed of myself. Working the school year means I have lots of weeks off over the summer, and should be doing lots of stitching. It took me most of the holidays to "get into it", after having some rather dry months, stitching wise, and then it was time to go back to work! However, I think about my stitching a lot, and enjoy it immensely when I finally get into the stitching room. It has helped that I have some great music on my ipod. Currently Sting's "If on a Winter's Night" accompanies my stitching.

At Janine's I saw a shop model of the Sampler Girl's "Sense and Sensibility". Had to have that too- plus all the required threads(WDW and GAST) and Janine cut me a piece of 28ct Vintage linen. Anyway, this is what it looks like so far. I'm really enjoying it, and trying to remain guilt free over the WIP's calling me from the stitching cupboard.
I have actually made a couple of finishes already, so perhaps 2010 is looking good after all.
I stitched one of the Blackbird Designs stockings for January, "Auld Lang Syne", and have selected the backing fabric, just need to make it up.(DD will do that).
My oldest DD visited Janine at Colours Down Under with me in January, and we had a great, rather long visit. Of course there was purchasing- and Kate was the worst of all. She saw the Cat's Whiskers "What a Hoot" model in the shop, and declared she had to have it- meaning of course that I had to stitch it! Not only that, she chose all sorts of colours for it, which scared me- I don't do that myself. Anyway,I DID stitch it up straight away, it looks lovely, and very vibrant, and Kate has almost completed the finishing. We have the scissors for it too.(He looks better with the scissors). He's stitched on an opalescent, and I'm sorry the greens, reds and purples don't show very well at all in my photo.
Having tried to pretend I was not interested for a couple of months, I also succumbed to Just Nan's birdie- that is, "Noella" and all her bits and pices. She watches over my stitching with Bella Bee.
That's all for now. I am enjoying looking at all the new charts coming out at the moment.
Happy stitching!
Susan.
2 comments:
They all look great, Susan, well done! I wouldn't worry about your existing WIPs, just enjoy the new starts.
Diane
I like Diane's reply LOL. Hoot looks great.
Post a Comment